In 1957, Saint Anne’s Episcopal Church purchased the parcel of land at the corner of what is now Northside Drive and Moores Mill Road. On the property was a red brick building built in 1899 as a schoolhouse. It was remodeled into the first church, but the original purpose of that historic building, the oldest still standing in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, foreshadowed things to come. Nine years later, the church began the mission of the Day School and welcomed the first class of 13 preschoolers in the Fall of 1966.
Saint Anne’s Day School has been a thriving mission of the church ever since. In 1994, the Day School learned of Reggio Emilia, Italy’s world-renowned preschools and infant toddler centers. Intrigued by how the values of the schools in that Italian municipal system resonated with their own beliefs about young children’s learning, the Day School began its journey of studying the Reggio Emilia Approach.