Dear St. Anne’s Community,
As we congratulate Kristin on her future plans and celebrate her final year at the Day School, I am delighted to report on the good progress we have made in the search for her successor at St. Anne’s Day School and Enrichment Programs.
It is my pleasure to announce Leah Tennille, a long-term member of our St. Anne’s community, as the Chair of our Director Search Committee. Leah is President of Strategic Funding Group, a full-service grant consulting firm serving nonprofits and local governments. She is married to Dre and Mom to Townsend (age 7, Day School graduate), Bode (age 3, current Day School student) and Tapley (age 1, future Day School student). The Tennilles have been members of St. Anne’s Episcopal Church since 2013. In addition to serving on the Day School Council, Leah serves on the Saint Anne’s Vestry, on the Board of Trustees at Episcopal High School in Alexandria, Va, and on the Board of the Atlanta Police Athletic League.
In addition to Leah, we have assembled an outstanding team of knowledgeable and dedicated volunteers. I am honored to be part of a church and school community with so many exceptional members willing to give of their time and talents. Below are the names of those who have agreed to serve on the Director Search Committee:
- Elaine Christopher (Former Day School Teacher)
- Monica Coughlin (Former Advisory Council Chair)
- Rebecca Cummiskey (Advisory Council Vice-Chair)
- Victoria Davis (Current Parent and Advisory Council Member)
- Elaine Dinos (Current Parent, Former POPS Chair, Advisory Council Member)
- Mike Dunlap (Vestry Member)
- Brandi Hoyos (Current Parent)
- Betsy Metcalf (Former Parent)
- Greg Mitchell (Current Parent)
- Irene Pedersen (Vestry Member)
- Brittany Roberts (Advisory Council Chair)
- Christin Sanchez (Former Parent)
- Leah Tennille (Search Committee Chair)
- Marla Moore (Vestry, Senior Warden)
As we said last week, St. Anne’s has been a community leader in creative and collaborative early child hood education for decades, and this Search Committee is committed to continuing and enhancing those enduring qualities. I have tremendous confidence in this group’s ability to select a Director who embodies the Day School’s promise of a nurturing, enriching educational environment, honors our Reggio Emilia tradition, and inspires and develops our excellent staff of educators. Please join me in thanking those who have agreed to serve, and we look forward to updating and engaging our community as the search progresses.
Chair, St. Anne’s Day School Advisory Council